SOL CAR RENTALS TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. PURPOSE - Sol Car Rentals will deliver the vehicle to the hirer in perfect operating condition, with all the necessary documents, tyres, tools and accessories. The hirer undertakes to conserve the vehicle in the condition it was hired and drive the vehicle according to traffic regulations.
2. TERM AND RETURNING THE VEHICLE - The term of the contract shall be as agreed and stipulated. Nevertheless, if the hirer wishes to extend the term of the contract, they must notify Sol Car Rentals before the contract expires and receive prior authorisation from Sol Car Rentals depending on vehicle availability. The hirer shall return the rented vehicle, together with all its documents, tyres, tools and accessories, on the date and to the place indicated. Noncompliance with this clause will empower Sol Car Rentals to legally demand the return of the vehicle.
3. VEHICLE USE - The vehicle may only be driven by the designated hirer and persons authorised in the contract, with a maximum of one additional driver. The driver must hold a current driving license valid for the characteristics of the vehicle; they must be over twenty-one years old and have held their driving license for at least two years.
•No modifications may be made to the structure of the rented vehicle; specifically, no roof rack, luggage and/or goods may be attached to the roof.
•The vehicle may not be used to push or tow another vehicle or trailer.
•The vehicle may not be used at sporting events or training sessions of any kind, or car material, accessory or product resistance tests.
•The vehicle and any of its elements or tools may not be transferred, sold, sublet, mortgaged or pledged.
•The vehicle must not be used under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
•The vehicle may not be driven outside Spanish mainland territory.
•The milometer may not be manipulated or unsealed and the lessee must notify any damage thereto. Mileage is measured using the milometer or using road maps should this break.
•The Hirer must stop and immobilise the vehicle if they detect any fault or if a warning light indicates any malfunction; they must immediately contact Sol Car Rentals or its roadside assistance company.
•The rented vehicle may not be used to transport passengers or goods for commercial or industrial purposes if this is not its purpose.
•Commercial vehicles may not be used to transport goods classified as special according to current transport laws.
4. PAYMENTS BY THE HIRER - The hirer undertakes to pay Sol Car Rentals the amount agreed as the total rental price. This price shall include the amounts established for the time and mileage, if appropriate, fuel contracted or not, spare parts, insurance and applicable taxes. Applying the initially agreed rate is subject to returning the vehicle to the agreed location. The hirer undertakes to pay Sol Car Rentals for any damage caused to the vehicle and costs associated with using the wrong type of fuel. The hirer must replace any element of the vehicle that is damaged or lost for reasons attributable to them in the amount of 200 euros per panel damaged. The expenses incurred by Sol Car Rentals for claiming any of the above payments from the hirer must be paid according to the provisions of Spanish law. Sol Car Rentals reserves the right to cancel delivery of the vehicle should it have reasoned doubts about the financial capacity of the customer or due to a history of non-payment or serious incidents with Sol Car Rentals.
5. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS - Sol Car Rentals assumes the normal mechanical wear and tear of the vehicle. Any repairs carried out by the lessee must have prior authorisation from Sol Car Rentals, and the relevant invoice addressed to the lessor must be submitted for reimbursement.
6. INSURANCE, ACCIDENTS AND THEFT - The hirer and authorised drivers are included in the insurance policy taken out by Sol Car Rentals. In case of accident, the hirer must immediately inform Sol Car Rentals of any incidents and complete an accident report with the full details of the other party and any witnesses. This must be sent to Sol Car Rentals. The relevant authorities must be notified if any party is injured. In case of accident, and provided it is possible, the hirer will not leave the rented vehicle without taking the necessary precautions to protect it. In case of theft, the hirer must file a police report and send copy to Sol Car Rentals. The hirer may contact Sol Car Rentals by telephone, fax, e-mail or at the postal address of Sol Car Rentals.
Additional insurance policy options are available at a cost of 8 euros per day( (for further information please ask when making your booking)
7. JURISDICTION - In the event of any dispute that may arise between the parties, they hereby agree to submit to the legally competent courts situated in Spain or England where appropriate.
8. DATA PROTECTION - Pursuant to current personal data protection regulations, the hirer is hereby informed and aware that their personal data will be included in the data files held by Sol Car Rentals. Sol Car Rentals guarantees that all personal data contained in this contract shall be used pursuant to the provisions of the Spanish Organic Law 15/1999, on Personal Data Protection. To exercise their rights to access, rectification, cancellation or objection to the processing of their data, the lessee must send written notification to the address of Sol Car Rentals.